Most guests will take the light aircraft transfer for the last part of the journey, so a strong but squashy holdall is suggested. The weight restriction is 20kg.
We recommend lightweight, supportive and breathable walking boots for your safari adventure, and waterproof rafting sandals for mokoro days out. Khaki-coloured and natural bush-coloured cotton clothing, without any synthetics, and long trousers are ideal, along with a few pairs of thin cotton socks and one warm jacket or fleece. Please note that camouflage is forbidden in Botswana for anyone who is not in the army. In winter, the secret is layers, as your day will start off with cold weather, and then it will warm up, before cooling down again later in the day.
Laundry is included as part of our fully inclusive offering. We also provide glass water bottles for all guests.
- Casual clothing and flip-flops to wear around camp
- Long pants and shirts for safari activities
- A hat (preferably with a wide brim)
- Sunglasses with high UV-resistance
- Sunblock with a minimum factor 30 and a quality lipsalve
- A warm sweater or fleece for cooler mornings and evenings
- Closed shoes for walking safaris (trail shoes are probably best)
- Light waterproof (although we provide ponchos in our game drive vehicles)
- A beanie, scarf and gloves in winter
- Swimming costume or board shorts
- A kikoi/sarong – incredibly useful
- Small, new USD notes for tipping (optional)
- Personal medication
- Camera, lenses and accessories
- Cables, chargers and adaptors for your devices
- International plug adaptor (so you can plug in your electronics)
- Small torch