UTTERLY OUT OF THE ORDINARY
Unique, authentic and pioneering, this is the ultimate Bush experience.
The African wilderness is the birthplace of humankind. At Xigera, we have an innate, powerful connection with the earth, the bush, the rivers of the continent. Our lodge is surrounded by palm-filled islands, breath-taking floodplains and riverine forests in the heart of the Okavango Delta. A pristine lacework of islands, papyrus swamps and dense trees, it is easy to see why this corner of Botswana is known as Africa’s ‘last Eden’.
Deeply connected to and inspired by the Delta, the Xigera Lodge has been sensitively designed to echo the surrounding natural world. Baobab, knob thorn and marula trees damaged by elephants have been transformed into hand-carved benches, while hand-forged copper and steel consoles emulate the flowing rivers. The collection of extraordinary works of art and design, each one handmade and unique, is ground-breaking in its scope – created by a roster of Africa’s most globally recongised designers and the first of its kind on the continent for a design project of this scale.
At the entrance to Xigera Lodge, a magnificent hand-woven cane hippopotamus sculpture awaits to welcome you to the heart of Botswana. This is where your journey begins…
- Situated in the Moremi Game Reserve in the Okavango Delta of Botswana
- Endless views over the floodplains and under a beautiful canopy of ancient trees
- An interactive kitchen and dining room, with a traditional boma for storytelling and stargazing
- African-inspired cuisine
- Bar and wine cellar
- Air-conditioned library, complete with wildlife documentaries and informative talks by visiting specialists
- Wellness areas including a gym and swimming pool
- Spa with two treatment rooms and a steam experience
- An incredible collection of furniture and sculptures by African artists showcased throughout the Lodge
- Open to children over 12
- 12 400-square-feet air-conditioned suites suspended above the forest floor
- Views out over the floodplains and passing wildlife
- Separate lounge, bedroom and dressing room area
- Spacious bathroom with double sinks, large baths, and indoor and outdoor showers
- Private wooden deck with outdoor daybed
- Stretched canvas tented roofs and cedar walls
- Mini bar and WiFi
- Day and night lighting
- International power points
Enchantingly elegant, comfortable and intimate, with an aura of eclectic adventure, each suite subtly reflects the untamed environment outside. Hand-crafted bronze elements, local artwork and artisan furniture made with natural materials blend African authenticity and high design, creating a thoughtful space with a sense of place in the magical wilds of Botswana.
XIGERA DESIGN COLLECTION
Dining at Xigera takes an "anything, any time" philosophy, fully catering to individual needs within an exceptionally spectacular setting.
Beneath the velvet night sky, dine on delicious dishes that are inspired by the Delta, using the very best fresh and local ingredients. African-inspired menus are complemented by Beatrice Tollman’s much-loved signature recipes and a cellar that showcases a superb selection of award-winning Bouchard Finlayson wines.
A THOUGHTFUL SPACE
Discover a carefully-curated collection of books and research materials that explore the natural and cultural history of Botswana, and the greater southern African landmass. Local and renowned experts are frequently on hand to guide you and to explain the importance of the conservation work ongoing locally throughout every season.
A BEAUTIFUL COLLECTION
To be at one with nature is part of the intrinsic experience of time spent at Xigera. Our spectacular spa provides a tranquil haven, imbued with neutral colours and natural materials that are in peaceful harmony with Xigera’s surroundings. Practise yoga, spend time in the gym or relax in the pool.